Search Potomac Sites
Lockhouse 10, which was built in 1830 and originally remodeled by NPS crews in the twentieth century, has been furnished to evoke the 1930s, including its period kitchen and bathroom. It is located on the Clara Barton Parkway inside the Capital Beltway and offers proximity to numerous attractions in the Washington, DC area. Its forested environs are popular with outdoor enthusiasts including birders, hikers, bikers, runners, fishermen and canoers.
The C&O Canal Trust operates five other lockhouses that are available for rent. Each is decorated in a different sytle from the canal era. They inclulde:
- Lockhouse 6 near Brookmont, Md.
- Lockhouse 22 at Pennyfield Lock near Potomac, Md.
- Lockhouse 25 at Edwards Ferry, Md.
- Lockhouse 28 at Lander, Md.
- Lockhouse 49 Four Locks near Clear Spring, Md.
The lockhouses are a few of the more than 1,300 historic structures in the C&O Canal National Historial Park.
Yelp reviews for Lockhouse 10 are shown below.