Search Potomac Sites
This restored lockhouse is available for rent from the C&O Canal Trust. This site is a fully modern stone house with a covered porch and nearby parking. It provides ready access to Georgetown, the feeder canal, and the Capital Crescent Trail.
The C&O Canal Trust operates five other lockhouses that are available for rent. Each is decorated in a different sytle from the canal era. They inclulde:
- Lockhouse 10 near Cabin John, Md.
- Lockhouse 22 at Pennyfield Lock near Potomac, Md.
- Lockhouse 25 at Edwards Ferry, Md.
- Lockhouse 28 at Lander, Md.
- Lockhouse 49 Four Locks near Clear Spring, Md.
The lockhouses are a few of the more than 1,300 historic structures in the C&O Canal National Historial Park.