Search Potomac Sites
Occoquan Mill House Museum
The Mill House Museum contains an eclectic collection of documents, photographs, and other artifacts related to Occoquan's history and the surrounding region. The museum is on the site of an iron mill established in the 1750, and one of the first automated grist mills. The site of the Mill House was purchased by the Alexandria Water Company for the development of the Occoquan Reservoir. The Fairfax Water Authority eventually turned the building over to the Town of Occoquan, which leases it to the Occoquan Historical society for use as a museum.
The museum is open every day of the year, from 11 AM to 4 PM, except Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Admission is free. Photo: Occoquan Historical Society
Yelp reviews for the Occoquan Mill House Museum are shown below.