Search Potomac Sites
Irish Inn at Glen Echo
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo was built on the site of a house owned by the Moxley family of Glen Echo. The family opened a tavern there at the end of Prohibition in 1931. In the 1940s it was called "Otto's Grill" after the owner, Otto Kumfert, who owned it until 1964. During the sixties and seventies, it was know as "Trav's", a roadhouse known for its chiles and legendary bar fights. From 1986 until 2002, it was the site of an upscale restaurant, known as the Inn at Glen Echo. The current owners renovated the building and reopened it as the Irish Inn, now known for its tradiional Irish music night and a wonderful outside deck overlooking MacArthur Boulevard and Glen Echo.
Yelp reviews for the irish Inn at Glen Echo are shown below.