Search Potomac Sites
St. Ignatius Church at St. Inigoes
Maryland Historic Site
St. Ignatius Church is located on Villa Road off Md. 5 south of Leonardtown. It was built in 1788 on St. Inigoes Manor after the American Revolution permitted religious freedom. Access to the interior of the church is available by asking at the nearby Patuent Naval Air Station.
St. Ingatius Church is a site on the Religious Freedom National Scenic Byway, a route of historic sites dealing with the establishment of religious freedom in the U.S.